Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Crockpotalooza - Italian Dip Sandwiches... YUM!

I am going to TRY to link up with Kelly's Korner for her crockpotalooza today. I LOVE her blog and I LOVE my crock pot, so what better day to give this a try. I use my crock pot all the time... with 3 kids running around, plus all those years of working from home, I had to. If I didn't start dinner in the morning... dinner may or may not happen in the evening. We packed away my beloved 6 qt. crock and, while I thought she was headed to the apartment, apparently she was shipped off to storage... I miss her! I can't wait to bust her out in a couple of weeks when we get in to the new house. Thankfully, I brought her smaller, though still useful, sister with me. So I am still able to make a few crock pot meals in this sad little excuse for a kitchen. So here it is... a meal that EVERYONE is happy to eat. This is super simple and even requested by my "sandwiches are not a meal" husband... Italian Dip Sandwiches.

1 beef roast ( I have used chuck, eye of the round, and even tri tip... use whatever!)
1 envelope of Italian dressing mix
1 can of beef broth
1 jar of pepperoncinis

All you do is place the roast in your crock pot, pour the dry dressing mix over, then the can of beef broth. Put in 10 or so pepperoncinis( depends on your spicy-o-meter... I shoot for spicy so I usually toss in a few more)  and pour in some of the juice from the jar. Cook on low for 8 hrs. When it is done shred the meat and let it soak up some of the juice. Then place on crusty rolls with melted provelone cheese if that is how you like it, ( and I do!!!) I like to serve with a side of juice for dipping... SO good. Even my picky 7 year old loves this.



3 comments:

  1. Ohhh this sounds good!! I would really like to try it!
    Thanks for sharing!
    -april

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY This sounds right up this girl (and her spicy loving husband's) alley :)

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay... I hope you girls like it as much as we do! :)

    ReplyDelete